Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mental Health Care Is Unaffordable - 5/8/2014

Hello, everyone. Before reading on, please consult an attorney. You may need their services in the near future.  You also need to check yourself for symptoms of a heart attack after reading this blog post.

Mental Health Care in the United States is unaffordable.  In August of 2007, I was in a behavioral facility in San Diego, CA.  I was given prescription medication.  One of which was Lexipro.  When i got out, I found it to be near $200 or $300 for a one month's supply.  I can't afford that.  So, my doctor prescribed a cheaper med.  A one week stay at a behavioral facility is near $7,000. That's a year of salary to me.

How much would it have cost for someone like Holmes, Lanza, Klebold & Harris to be taken care of?  The world may never know.  Because of the unaffordability of mental health care in the United States, too many lives are lost each year.  I offer condolences to all the families affected.  However, those that have passed away or are currently recovering from those incidents are, to me, the United States Government's collateral damage.

I am the collateral damage of my parents, Barbara Jean Alexander & Allen Albert Tobias.  Both are deceased.  They divorced before I was born.  If you say that I have mental illness, it's on my father's side of the family.

How do we lower the costs of mental health care in the U.S.?  If you have any ideas, I would love to hear from you.

That is all for this post.  As always, help control the human population. Abstain from sex. If you can't do that, use contraception. This is Michael Anonymous because nobody cares who I really am.  Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment