Hello. As always, reader discretion is advised.
Earlier today, I read a story about a Lakewood, CO. baker who has decided not to make any more wedding cakes to anyone due to him losing a discrimination suit. It is because he refused to make a wedding cake for a same sex couple. Businesses can pick and choose who they do business with. Not everyone believes this. You have a right to believe anything that you wish. It's called free will. However, your rights may incur on other people's rights. That, is an example of what I call, confliction. It is a conflict between people's rights and freedoms.
Years ago, I hear the story of Dr. Jack Kevorkian and the right to die. If we have the right to die, why isn't there a right to life as the father of one of the Santa Barbara massacre victims had said? What rights do we have in life? Are our rights wrong to have and express? Only time can tell. Rights can change at any time. For example, in Colorado, the amount of rounds in a gun magazine was reduced. People lost the right to the amount of rounds in a gun magazine they once had. As a result, two Colorado State Senators got recalled. I call them political casualties.
Rights can be taken away at any time as well. I live every day as if my right to free speech can be taken away from me at any time for any reason. The United States of America is a free country...for now. Now, I leave you with this question. Are rights wrong?
If you think I need to seek mental health care and professional help, I can't afford it at this time and have to be left untreated. However, you can donate towards my mental health care and education fund by clicking the button below. Until next post, be protective of your rights.
No comments:
Post a Comment