Monday, August 4, 2014

Homeless Work Hours - 8/4/2014

Hello.  As always, consult an attorney before reading this post any further.

Most of us work.  It's not always about the pay rate of our jobs, it's about how many hours of work that we get.  Any minimum wage job with less than 20 hours would be considered "Homeless Work Hours".  That means, the hours scheduled and worked on a job in a week that makes that worker unable to pay their bills of life to survive.  If a homeless person that lives at a homeless shelter receives less than 20 hours of work a week at a McJob, that homeless person would still be living at the homeless shelter.  At best, the homeless person that works a part time McJob may be eligible for subsidized housing depending on the area that person is living in.

At a McDonald's restaurant in Colorado Springs, CO. that I used to work at, I got 26 to 32 hours a week.  That is, until the store manager only gave me one day of work with 6.5 hours scheduled.  To me, that's Homeless work hours.  I can't survive off of $234 a month. I was forced to quit due to a lack of hours and I blame in part, L&S Enterprises Number 2, Inc. for my unemployment and possibly, my future homelessness.

Working only two days in two months is also considered homeless work hours.  If the State of Colorado wants me to work, they will have to subsidize a car for me as most employers only want employees with a car or other modes of private transportation. In the eyes of most employers, public transportation is NOT reliable transportation.  I have had employers turn me down because I don't have a car and Colorado does not care.

Homeless work hours are a direct result of the (Un)Affordable Care Act. That law is Obamunistic at best. It created a Two-Tiered healthcare system in the United States. One is for the rich of us and the other one is for the rest of us. If your governmental representative in the House or Senate voted for the ACA and is up for re-election, vote for their opponent. Former San Diego Mayor, Bob Filner, voted for the ACA. Thank God he can't run for public office again.  I can't wait to see what happens in November with the Mid-Term elections. Remember, the results of your voting can be challenged and overturned in a court of law by activist judges like California's Prop 8 was.

To all of those workers who do work "Homeless work hours", stay strong. When you work, you must save.  That's it for this post.  Until my next post, I feel what Elliot Rodger felt when he was alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment