Hello. As always, reader discretion is advised.
With the Seattle City Council voting to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour in a few years, many residents will be priced out. Prices in stores and restaurants will be as high as San Francisco, New York, Alaska & Hawaii. Jobs will be cut and hours on the job will be reduced. Is Seattle going to see a gold rush? We'll see.
As the minimum wage goes up, almost everything else will go up too. Maybe, the fast food value menus will go away. You'll have to start cooking your own meals instead. More meatless Tuesdays will be more prevalent.
Memo to the residents of Seattle: Start buying in bulk now while you still can if you haven't yet. Buy your coffee now while the price is still low. Share that Venti cup of coffee with someone. Share and care.
Remember, if you think I need to go see a shrink, I can't afford it. However, you can donate to my mental health care and education fund by clicking the Donate button below. Until next post, I still feel Elliot Rodger's pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment